Friday, July 21, 2006

i know all about it, so you don't have to shout it

so. this is it.

25.

i'm up late when i am beyond the point of exhaustion because the thoughts don't stop.
this week has been a week of unending activism. i have been wanting to blog about the events of the MS Reproductive Freedom Summer, but everything has been so busy and honestly, to the point of debilitating. in a few hours i will join the march to the capitol with many other pro-choice activists and supporters. i will blog about each day and the effect on me and those i see after this day is done.

that day is also my birthday. #25.

i get so reflective on my birthday. is it bad? good? useful? useless?
i review my year as one birthday to the next. this birthday is so different from what i imagined it would be the day i turned 24. things fail sometimes, but you take the wreckage and make something better out of it. that's what 24 taught me.

i think that 25 will teach me that this is MY life to live and this is my one chance to do it big. i will see the corners of the u.s. in the next few months and by my next birthday, i will hopefully be settling into my new town and getting ready for school, ready to tackle the world.

and now the thoughts settle.

1 Comments:

At July 22, 2006 12:21 PM, Blogger Beth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! SEE YOU AT THE WT-TB! Yeeeeee-ha! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home