Saturday, January 13, 2007

this comet in your heart and it's growing

listening to this new Shins album makes me feel like all is right with the world. things are balanced for just this hour i'm listening.

welcome home.

is there any song or album that makes you feel like that?

i was going through my boxes of cds last night and busted out my copy of the 10,000 Maniacs MTV Unplugged disc. SHIT. i forgot how much i loved the tune 'jezebel.'

this album came out in 1993 and i remember buying it as soon as it hit the shelves. i was fucking 12 years old, hurting with every note from natalie merchant's voice.

this book (love is a mix tape) is doing something to me.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At January 14, 2007 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'If you could sit with me beside the sea to-day,
And whisper with me sweetest dreamings o'er and o'er;
I think I should not find the clouds so dim and gray,
And not so loud the waves complaining at the shore...'

 
At January 15, 2007 10:44 AM, Blogger neola said...

oh, but why can't you just tell me?

WHY DO YOU WOO ME WITH SUCH WORDS??

 
At January 15, 2007 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To woo you....now that is something. Are you looking to be wooed?

 
At January 15, 2007 11:05 AM, Blogger neola said...

i dunno. maaaaybe. but i call it wooing when someone chooses to post pieces of jane poe and then follows with this beauty.

 
At January 15, 2007 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'If you could sit with me upon the shore to-day,
And hold my hand in yours as in the days of old,
I think I should not mind the chill baptismal spray,
Nor find my hand and heart and all the world so cold.

If you could walk with me upon the strand to-day,
And tell me that my longing love had won your own,
I think all my sad thoughts would then be put away,
And I could give back laughter for the Ocean's moan!'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home