Monday, March 19, 2007

march into the sea


TRUE STORY:


saturday when driving myself and my mother to seattle, i finally got a good radio station (my cd player gave me the bird after the 3000 miles back in january) to come on: 107.7 The End. i hear the smiths, pearl jam, and modest mouse's "dashboard" in succession. then i hear: "OH we're giving away tix to a modest mouse show." so i call, thinking there's no way i'll get these tix. there were two MM shows in portland that sold out the second the tickets hit the street.

ANYWAY,

i was between seattle and tacoma. and i miraculously won the tickets.

I HAVE NEVER WON ANYTHING ON THE RADIO BEFORE.

and what's better? this is a "secret" show for only about 600 people...as close to a club show that MM will ever play again. YESSS.

downside? i have to drive to seattle on wednesday again.

upside? did i mention it's the size of a club show? at a naval shipyard? and JOHNNY MARR is there?!?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At March 23, 2007 2:14 PM, Blogger Rusty Spell said...

Howdy. Gongrats. I was able to go to a Modest Mouse show at a club in New Orleans inches before they got famous with "Float On." Unfortunately, I made the mistake of standing inches from the stage and went deaf for two days. So stand back a little: they're really loud (or I'm really old).

Tell Isaac hello for me. He'll remember me as the one who stuck wads of paper in his ear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home