Sunday, January 21, 2007

you're the kind of girl i like


So drunk in the August sun
And you're the kind of girl I like
Because you're empty and I'm empty
And you can never quarantine the past
Did you remember in December
That I won't eat you when I'm gone
And if I go there, I won't stay there
Because I'm sitting here too long
I've been sitting here too long
And I've been wasted
Advocating that
Word for the last word
Last words come up
All you've got to waste



after staring at stephen malkmus for the past 2 hours or so, i am still blinded by this ringing thought. all i see are those passages in Love Is a Mix Tape where rob talks about renee and how they used music to communicate. pavement was a binder for them, common ground in a shared life that was already common. i couldn't shake that thought while the jicks pounded through songs new and old. i wonder: does stephen malkmus know how much he meant to that fuzzy headed girl? does he know how many times his creations played over a radio in an old cranky Lebaron, barreling down dusty highways in virginia?

mr. malkmus, do you know?

(on a side note, the best thing stephen malkmus ever did for his career was add janet weiss to his lineup. JESUS that lady is fierce.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home