Sunday, December 20, 2009

A fraction of the sum

Holy Moses! I've ignored you, blogosphere. I have a great reason, though. It's because I was busy changing the world and making y'all some cupcakes. Don't be mad. I'm not. In fact, I'm probably happier and more at peace than ever in my personal history.

I revisited my post from last February and was a little shocked at how twitterpated I was with the Ssip then. I know I was in transition mode still and my system was repariring itself with cookie- and friend-making. I totally forgot how at peace I was beginning to feel then with my decision to be back in this forgotten homeland.

It's the end of another calendar year and the end of another decade. In this decade, I graduated from college, wrote an important paper, was published in two very different forums, have had three life-changing jobs, deferred grad school, moved cross-country twice, lost bare skin, interviewed one of my rock idols, and drank a crap ton of coffee. I feel like I should make a full list or something, something that reflects all the goodness that was. Instead of the usual list of annotated thoughts, here's a list of cool stuff for which I am thankful:

1. Seconds & Decades
2. Miss Jackson (if you're nasty)
3. K$
4. The Job
5. Pedro Noguera
6. MS Safe Schools Coalition
7. Paste
8. The band that reminded me of pure JOY
9. Gifted opportunities by an urban family
10. TBD (two weeks left in 2009)

Anyway, live hard and be brave.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 21, 2009 12:19 PM, Blogger CP said...

You are my heart.

 
At May 11, 2010 3:00 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Amen girl! Time for another post, b t dubs ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home