Monday, September 29, 2008

And the complications you could do without

listening: Sufjan Stevens, "Casimir Pulaski Day"

I just found out that my favorite bakery in Jackson has a job opening.

Anyway, I made it safely to Austin and K$ and I proceeded to enjoy ACL without the intense heat that plagued us in 2004. I'm still blowing dust out of my face as it's always too dry, but we had a great, relaxing time.

Here's the list of who we saw/heard, as I'm sure you're dying to know:

The Swell Season (shut it. They're sweet pop ballads and I like them.)
Alejandro Escovedo
CSS
Man Man
Erykah Badu (Lady put two tuning forks in her hair and hollered about New Amerykah in 7-in heels)
MGMT (barely as I swear there were 11 billion people crammed into a tiny space.)
Conor Oberst
Iron & Wine
Beck (Easily in the top 3 of the weekend. We sang along to "Loser" with 30K+ people.)
Gillian Welch
Stars
Neko Case (New music! It's really good! She still didn't marry me!)
Okkervil River
Heartless Bastards
Blues Traveler
Gnarls Barkley (Cee Lo has some damn pipes on him. "Gone Daddy Gone" along with the cover of Radiohead's "Reckoner" were the highlights.)
Band of Horses (They were really cute at being amazed the number of people present.)
Foo Fighters (I need a new face. They rocked mine off.)




Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At October 03, 2008 1:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

what is your favorite bakery in Jxn? probably wasn't there when i was there. i love all sweets and are you thinking of maybe applying for the job?!?!?! p.s. i ordered a raisin challah for Wednesday and am so excited. L'shanah tovah, btw!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home