Monday, May 22, 2006

just say she's a rhymer

first, a bit of news.

Modest Mouse is recording in Oxford as we speak. guess who's working on the album with'em? Johnny fuckin' Marr.

******************************************************
i adore my friends. i also adore my sister, k$. we all had a great weekend together.

after getting a fabulous new haircut (courtesy of roxanne at bridges! we were Brownies together, evidently) saturday afternoon, we gathered at holy trinity on west capitol(note to self: go there and take pictures--great fodder for visual storytelling) for greekfest. it was neat to experience a slice of greek orthodox life. the event was similar to the beth israel bazaar with the foodstuffs and whatnot, but without the auction. anyway, so after eating lamb and dolmas and moussaka and gazing at the talk drink of greek man-water serving me, we headed downtown to Hit the Bricks. my god, what a beautiful day to be downtown!

so this is where the drama hit. i evidently got a bit of egg at greekfest and when i say egg, i mean EGG. i have a pretty bad allergy to eggs and the topping of the moussaka was not bechamel, but hollandaise. the talk dark greek-man fibbed me! so, shortly after arriving at congress st., i realized i was embarking on the best allergic reaction ever. i'll spare everyone the details, but this was me on the bathroom floor of the state street walgreens. the pinkness is the benadryl i had to chug:

egggggggggggggsssssssss

let me explain a bit about my superb rendering: my hair looked so much more awesome in person and less toupee-ish. also, i wasn't screaming in terror. also, this is not a real photograph.

um. like i said, k$ is the best sister ever made.

after the reaction subsided, we went back to the art and somewhat music. it's all a haze in my benadryl-induced drunkenness. i do remember talking to jaysus about a book club and our dissatisfaction with the creative community's activity. i also remember lots of pretty lights and beautiful people.

hmm...that was a great night's sleep saturday night. especially after keifer's. whoa. keifer's?


thanks, mary gauthier, for giving me an entry title today.

1 Comments:

At May 22, 2006 2:46 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Neola, I totally thought that was a real photograph. Except for the whole hair disconnected from your face thing. I'm so glad the eggs didn't kill you, so you could look all Benadryl-loopy-drunk across the table from me at Keifer's. You're my favorite! (Btw, when we road trip, I totally need to borrow your 19 cent sunglasses, or else I might cry alligator tears.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home